- Oils have lots of fats. If I want to eat a lot of salads, I'm going to have to find a lower-fat alternative for oil and vinegar dressing.
- Gotta cut the nuts and nut butters. High fats!
- I'm going to need to find a source of protein and B12. Percent of calories from protein today: 9%. Amount of vitamin B12: 0 mg. Might need to bust out the poke and ceviche sooner than I expected.
- Raw food can be good if it's done right. Yeah, if. My first experiment didn't work out well. My second and third were better. I'm starting to get the hang of it, now.
- I gotta get my mind off of bread, chocolate, bread, cake, bread . . . never mind. Sprouts! Veg! Frozen berries! Almond milk! Delicious, crispy, green, fragrant lettuces . . .
- Gas . . . not as bad as I thought.
And here's a (successful, I promise!) recipe . . .
Carrot Cumin Soup
2 carrots, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
about 1/2 cup water
cumin, salt, pepper to taste
Blend everything until it looks like soup. Then eat it.
Just me, but I would think that with all the raw food that is mostly going to be super low in calories that you are going to need the fat to get enough calories in your system?ReplyDelete